From the dryness of winter, to the sun exposure in the summer, our skin gets it rough sometimes, and often takes a back seat on our priority list. It’s time to change that! It’s so important that we take care of our skin to keep it as healthy as possible. We can’t avoid the aging process, so let’s embrace it and help our skin look it’s best for years to come.
I will trust anything from Sephora, and these are some of my favorite brands that Sephora carries for all price ranges..paraben free, extremely natural, smell delicious and great for your skin!
Skin Care Essentials
1. Moisturizer with SPF- Keep your skin moist every day and keep it personal to your skin type. Make sure you pay attention to if your skin is on the oily or dry side so you can purchase a moisturizer that will complement that. Don’t forget the SPF either! In a society that is obsessed with tans, it’s easy for women to skip out on the protection to help soak in some color, but don’t do it! Unhealthy sun exposure can age your skin more quickly and eventually cause even more complications like melanoma. If you are really concerned about color, buy a bronzer that blends with the rest of your skin!
2. Gentle daily wash- You should be washing your face twice a day, and that should be a gentle wash just to remove any dirt, germs, make up etc…
3. Exfoliant- Exfoliants are amazing but shouldn’t be used too often on your face because it’s so delicate. It will help get rid of any dead skin cells and keep your face smooth and even.
4. Night Cream- Night creams are rejuvenating. They will repair skin and moisturize it through the night.
5. Facial- Facials should only happen about once month. They can however get pricy, so here is a recipe for a DIY home facial from Karly Goins who is a regular recipe contributor to Lauren Conrad’s blog.
Other Tips for taking care of your skin!
1. Wash face twice a day
2. Sunscreen- here are some great options from Sephora that are good for your skin.
3. Don’t smoke! Your skin needs circulation and smoking impairs that which is why smokers’ skin tends to look dull and gray. Instead of oxy-generated blood being delivered to the skin surface, it’s getting poisons and oxidants. Don’t — I repeat – don’t smoke. Your skin is a large organ and it needs a lot of circulation. Smoking impairs that dramatically.
4. Healthy diet- changes in your diet can drastically improve how your skin looks from glow to acne. Pay attention to what you are eating and eliminate greasy and unhealthy items.
5. Manage stress- stress can do a number on more than just our skin, but reducing it can help reduce any acne, aging lines or tension that will appear. If you a really needing some extra relaxation, try a milk bath! Seriously! You hear about it in stories of royalty, and there really are some great relaxation benefits, including benefits for your skin. Try this recipe here.
Enjoy your rejuvenated skin and feel like a new, younger woman!