Perfect Spring Pick-Me-Ups
It’s April, and if you’re lucky, the flowers are starting to bloom and the weather might include more sun! Easter is right around the corner, you might even be forcing yourself to get some Spring cleaning done while the kids go back to school after Spring Break. So here is a mom’s perfect chance to wind down with a refreshing Spring time beverage.
Here are 5 delicious recipes, fit for any mom looking to kick back on a Spring afternoon.
ABSOLUT Sunbeam Cocktail
Serves 1 glass, adapted from ABSOLUT Drinks
- 4 Parts ABSOLUT Ruby Red
- 1 Part Honey
- 3 Wedges Grapefruit
- 1 Wedge Blood Orange/Red Grapefruit
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 lemons (sliced into rounds)
- 1 cucumber (sliced into rounds)
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups club soda
- In a large pitcher combine the sugar, mint lemons and cucumber. Add the vodka and lemon juice and let stand for 30 min. Stir to dissolve the sugar, then chill for another 30 min. When ready to serve add the club soda and serve in rocks glasses filled with ice.
Black & Blue Mojito (AKA “Skinny Jeans Mojito”) from Modern Mom
- 1.5 oz 10 Cane rum (96 calories)
- 1 oz lime juice (8 calories)
- 1 oz sugar-free sweetener (made from Splenda) (i.e. Monin) *
- 3 blackberries (10 calories)
- 10 blueberries (8 calories)
- 10 mint leaves (0 calories)
- Splash of club soda (0 calories)
Directions: In a tall collins glass, muddle the berries and mint with the lime juice and sugar free syrup. Add the rum. Top with crushed ice and stir well. Garnish with mint sprig and berry.
Southern Girl’s Lemonade
Combine 1½ oz. gin, ¾ oz. Grand Marnier, ¾ oz. fresh lemon juice, ¾ oz. honey, 4 muddled cucumber slices, and 4-6 muddled mint leaves in a shaker. Shake and loosely strain over crushed ice. Top with soda and garnish with a mint leaf and cucumber slice.
Skinny Strawberry Smash from Modern Mom
- 1.5 oz SKYY Infusions Dragonfruit
- 4 lemon quarters
- 1 oz cranberry juice
- 2 strawberries
- 2 packets Truvia (Stevia-based)
Directions: In a mixing glass, muddle the strawberries with the lemon quarters, cranberry juice and Truvia. Top with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with strawberry and basil.
What are your favorite Springtime drinks??