Hand Tools Used for Jewelry Repair
You take the time to choose the perfect jewelry to accessorize your outfit each day. But do you ever find yourself wondering how all of your fabulous jewelry is made? Jewelry makers use a variety of different tools to shape, contour, and customize each individual piece.
Some common tools you may find in a jewelry makers supply include:
- Round-nose pliers for bending and shaping wire. These are great for making rings.
- Needle-nose pliers are also useful for creating different shapes.
- Side-cutters help to cut wire.
- Flat-nose pliers to flatten items and make angles
- Half-rounded pliers to shape round surfaces
- Prong-pushers are used to set prongs and stones